Tuesday 20 August 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1963 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Carole Radziwill: Reality Star.
- Bruce Hick: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Uwe Bialon: German footballer and manager.
- Kal Daniels: American baseball player.
- José Cecena: Mexican baseball player.
- Joan Voute: Dutch astronomer (Born 1879).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?