Saturday 20 August 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1966 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Miguel Albaladejo: Spanish director and screenwriter.
- Colin Cunningham: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- David Snell: American actor.
- Courtney Gibbs Miss USA (1988): actress (Baywatch).
- Greg Jackson: NFL strong safety (Philadelphia Eagles, SD Chargers).
- Steven Finn: Laval, Quebec -- NHL defenseman (LA Kings)
- Dimebag Darrell: American guitarist (Pantera and Damageplan) (d. 2004)
- Enrico Letta: Italian politician who was designated as Prime Minister of Italy in April 2013. He is also deputy secretary of the Democratic Party, and he represents Marche in the Chamber of Deputies. He served in the government as Minister of European Affairs from 1998 to 1999 and as Minister of Industry from 1999 to 2001; he also served as Secretary to the Council of Ministers from 2006 to 2008.
- David Rees Snell: American actor (The Shield)
- Beatles pelted with rotten fruit during Memphis concert
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Petula Clark - I Couldn't Live Without Your Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?