Saturday 20 August 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Courtney Gibbs Miss USA (1988) and Greg Jackson.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ulrich und Ulrike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1966 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Courtney Gibbs Miss USA (1988): actress (Baywatch).
- Greg Jackson: NFL strong safety (Philadelphia Eagles, SD Chargers).
- Steven Finn: Laval, Quebec -- NHL defenseman (LA Kings).
- David Rees Snell: American actor (The Shield).
- Enrico Letta: Italian politician who was designated as Prime Minister of Italy in April 2013.
- Dimebag Darrell: American guitarist (Pantera and Damageplan) (d. 2004)
- Miguel Albaladejo: Spanish director and screenwriter
- Colin Cunningham: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- David Snell: American actor
- Beatles pelted with rotten fruit during Memphis concert
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 August 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Petula Clark - I Couldn't Live Without Your Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?