Sunday 20 August 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael "Sean" Hall and Terri Poch.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to All You Need Is Love by The Beatles.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
The Trip, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1967 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Michael "Sean" Hall: Williamsburg, Virginia -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Terri Poch: American yogini and professional wrestler.
- Colin Cunningham: American actor.
- Andy Benes: American pro baseball pitcher who has played for three teams in his professional career.
- Jean-Michel Braquet: French terrorist victim; kidnapped in Cambodia on 7/26/1994 and murdered with iron bars along with other captives by the Khmers Rouges.
- Valérie Decamp: French business leader, who was President and CEO of La Tribune from 2010 to 2012, making her the first woman owner and director of a national daily newspaper in France.
- Tori : American bodybuilder and wrestler
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 August 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?