Thursday 20 August 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Make It With You by Bread.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1970 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- John D Carmack: American computer game programmer.
- Fred Durst: American singer (Limp Bizkit).
- Els Callens: Antwerp, Belgium -- Tennis star (1996 quarterfinalist Essen).
- Adrian Bower: English actor.
- John Carmack: American game programmer co-founded Id Software.
- Jay McNeil: CFL guard (Calgary Stampeders)
- Hildo Krop: Dutch architect specializing in bridges.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bread - Make It With You
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Edwin Starr - War
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- B.J. Thomas - I Just Can't Help Believing
- Alive and Kicking - Tighter, Tighter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?