Sunday 20 August 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
Blacula, directed by William Crain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1972 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Derrick Alston: American basketball player, a forward for the Charlotte Hornets.
- Chaney Kley: American actor coach and sportscaster (d. 2007).
- Scott Quinnell: Welsh rugby player and sportscaster.
- Anna Umemiya: Japanese model and actress.
- Melvin Booker: American basketball player, a pro free-agent guard.
- James Degorski: American homicide suspect, accused of being in accomplice in a mass murder On January 8, 1993, he and his high school buddy, Juan Luna, allegedly walked into a fast food restaurant in Palatine, IL and killed two owners and five employees. They then allegedly left the bodies in the store's freezer. Nine years later, the two men were implicated by Degorski's former girlfriend and they were arrested in May 2002. Police said they both confessed. On May 10, 2007, Luna was found guilty of all seven co
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Southgate Ladies Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Roberta Flack - Where Is The Love
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Nilsson - Coconut
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?