Tuesday 20 August 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1974!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1974 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Denesha Reid: Miss USA-Georgia (1997).
- Szabolcs Safar: Hungarian footballer.
- Misha Collins: American actor and director, best known for his role as the angel Castiel on the CW television series Supernatural (2008–present).
- Autumn Jackson: American news figure, the daughter of Shawn Renee Byers Thompson, who is alleged to be the daughter of comedian Bill Cosby.
- Amy Adams: American actress.
- Adam Korol: Polish rower
- Big Moe: American rapper (Screwed Up Click) (d. 2007)
- Santino Rice: American fashion designer and actor
- Szabolcs Sáfár: Hungarian footballer and coach
- Andy Strachan: Australian drummer and songwriter (The Living End and Pollyanna)
- Maxim Vengerov: Russian violinist and conductor
- Ilona Massey: Actress (Love HAppy, Holiday in Mexico), dies at 62.
- Brooklyn pitcher Dan Bankhead is 1st black to homer in his 1st at bat
- Nelson Rockefeller becomes VP
- Nolan Ryan pitch measured at record 161.6 kph (100.4 mph).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Wet Willie - Keep On Smilin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?