Tuesday 20 August 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brant Daugherty and Glen Buttriss.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Power Of Love by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Better Off Dead..., directed by Savage Steve Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond 2000.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien 8 or Everyone's A Wally.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1985 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Brant Daugherty: TV Actor.
- Glen Buttriss: Australian rugby player.
- Blake DeWitt: American baseball player.
- Thomas Domingo: French rugby player.
- Josh Flagg: American real estate agent.
- Matt Hague: American baseball player
- Jack King: English footballer
- Álvaro Negredo: Spanish footballer
- Willie Ripia: New Zealand rugby player
- Joe Vitale: American ice hockey player
- Stephen Ward: Irish footballer
- Mark Washington: American football player
- Harchand Singh Longowai: Sikh leader, shot by Sikh extremists.
- 1st NL pitcher to strike out 200+ in 1st 2 seasons (Dwight Gooden)
- Libya throws out 1000s Tunisian / Egyptian gas workers
- Met Dwight Gooden strikes out 16 on way to his 13th consecutive win
- Hanspeter Beck of South Australia finishes a 3,875-mile, 51-day trip from Western Australia to Melbourne on a unicycle.
- Israel ships 96 TOWs to Iran on behalf of the US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Heart - What About Love?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?