Sunday 20 August 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Little Monsters, directed by Richard Alan Greenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1989 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Jordan Quinten: American noted family, the daughter and first child of Entertainment Tonight hostess Leeza Gibbons and her husband, British actor Chris Quinten.
- Olivia Pierson: Reality Star.
- Kirko Bangz: Rapper.
- Nebil Gahwagi: Hungarian footballer.
- Silas Kiplagat: Kenyan runner.
- Slavcho Shokolarov: Bulgarian footballer
- Judd Trump: English snooker player
- Dean Winnard: English footballer
- George Adamson: India-born English game warden and lion expert (Born 1906).
- Aak crashes into pleasure boat The Margin on the Thames, 51 killed
- Howard Johnson joins B Bonds and W Mays to hit 30 HRs and steal 30 bases
- Janet B Evans swims female world record 800m freestyle (8:16.22)
- Said Aouita runs world record 3000 m (7:29.45)
- The O-Bahn in Adelaide, the world's longest guided busway, opens.
- The pleasure boat Marchioness sinks on the River Thames following a collision, 51 people are killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?