Sunday 20 August 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 20 August 2006 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 August
- With nearly all votes counted, the presidential election in the Democratic Republic of Congo heads toward a run-off election after neither candidate wins a fifty percent majority. Full provisional results show Joseph Kabila with 44.81 percent of the vote, to Jean-Pierre Bemba's 20.03 percent. There have been reports of automatic gunfire, and MLC representatives accused Kabila's Republican Guard of killing one of its men and injuring three policemen. (SBS)
- Taliban insurgency: More than 90 die in heavy fighting this weekend in Afghanistan. (AFP)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- UN Secretary General Kofi Annan has expressed deep concern over Saturday's Israeli commando raid deep inside Lebanon, calling it a truce violation. (Al Jazeera)
- The Lebanese government vowed on Sunday to crush any attempt on the Lebanese side to breach the ceasefire. (Reuters)
- The first named storm to form in the Central North Pacific basin since the 2002 Pacific hurricane season, Tropical Storm Ioke, forms and threatens Johnston Island and the Johnston Atoll National Wildlife Refuge. (United States Central Pacific Hurricane Center)
- Iran test fires the Saegheh missile, a short-range surface-to-surface missile with a range of between 80 and 250 kilometres in the desert near Kashan. It comes a day after the army commenced exercises. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Controversy arises at cricket's Fourth test between Pakistan and England at The Oval, London when umpires rule that ball-tampering has occurred and award the game to England. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?