Wednesday 20 December 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1916 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Maurice Thome: Sarlat physician.
- Michel Chartrand: Canadian union leader and activist (d. 2010).
- Bernard Anquetil: French Resistance fighter, shot dead by the German army at Mont-Valérien on 24 October 1941, and awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In Florida Among the Palms - Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 December 1916 and get them!