Thursday 20 December 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Audrey Totter and David Bohm.
The Scarlet Car, directed by Joseph De Grasse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Audrey Totter: American actress of theater, radio dramas, TV and film.
- David Bohm: American-English physicist neuropsychologist and philosopher (d. 1992).
- Cahit Külebi: Turkish poet and author (d. 1997).
- Lucien Petit-Breton: French road cyclist racer, who won the Tour de France in 1907 and in 1908, becoming the first rider to win the Tour twice.
- Russian secret police in Czechoslovakia forms under Felix Dzerzjinski.
- Cheka, the first Soviet secret police, is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- They Go Wild, Simply Wild, Over Me - Marion Harris
- Shannon Four - Break the News to Mother
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?