Thursday 20 December 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Montagne and Lynne Featherstone.
Rashomon, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hallmark Hall of Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1951 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Gilbert Montagne: French musician.
- Lynne Featherstone: English blogger and politician.
- Christopher Le Brun: English painter and sculptor.
- Peter May: Scottish novelist and scriptwriter.
- Nuala O'Loan: Baroness O'Loan Irish police officer scholar and academic.
- Marta Russell: American author and activist (d. 2013)
- Joey Silvera: American porn actor and director
- The EBR-1 in Arco, Idaho becomes the first nuclear power plant to generate electricity. The electricity powered four light bulbs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?