Thursday 20 December 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Blanche Baker in New York City and Mohamed Aziz.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boyd Q.C..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1956 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Blanche Baker in New York City: New York, USA; Carroll Baker's Daughter, actress (French Postcard).
- Mohamed Aziz: Mauritanian general and politician President of Mauritania.
- Guy Babylon: American keyboard player and songwriter (d. 2009).
- Blanche Baker: American actress and screenwriter.
- Junji Hirata: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Military coup under colonel Simbolon in Sumatra.
- Montgomery, Alabama, removes race-based seat assignments on its buses.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 December 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?