Thursday 20 December 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1956 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Blanche Baker in New York City: New York, USA; Carroll Baker's Daughter, actress (French Postcard).
- Mohamed Aziz: Mauritanian general and politician President of Mauritania.
- Guy Babylon: American keyboard player and songwriter (d. 2009).
- Blanche Baker: American actress and screenwriter.
- Junji Hirata: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Military coup under colonel Simbolon in Sumatra.
- Montgomery, Alabama, removes race-based seat assignments on its buses.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?