Monday 20 December 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Over And Over by The Dave Clark Five.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Jim Carr (US): Digital Strategist.
- Robert Cavanah: Scottish actor and director.
- Rich Gannon: American football player and sportscaster.
- Egon Freiherr von Eickstedt: German anthropologist, dies at age 73.
- WFP made a permanent UN agency.
- The Soviet Union announces that it has shipped rockets to North Vietnam.
- Soviet scientists condemn Trofim Lysenko for pseudoscience.
- In West Germany, Konrad Adenauer resigns as chairman of the Christian Democratic Party.
- A new, 1-hour German-American production of ''The Nutcracker'', with an international cast that includes Edward Villella in the title role, makes its U.S. TV debut. It is repeated annually by CBS over the next 3 years, but after that, it is virtually forgotten, until it is issued on DVD in 2009 by Warner Archive.
- A military coup occurs in Dahomey.
- A speed limit is imposed on British roads.
- Release of David Lean's film of ''Doctor Zhivago'', starring Omar Sharif and Julie Christie.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- The McCoys - Fever
- Roger Miller - England Swings
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 December 1965 and get them!