Monday 20 December 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Carr (US) and Robert Cavanah.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Over And Over by The Dave Clark Five.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Power Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Jim Carr (US): Digital Strategist.
- Robert Cavanah: Scottish actor and director.
- Rich Gannon: American football player and sportscaster.
- Egon Freiherr von Eickstedt: German anthropologist, dies at age 73.
- WFP made a permanent UN agency.
- The Soviet Union announces that it has shipped rockets to North Vietnam.
- Soviet scientists condemn Trofim Lysenko for pseudoscience.
- In West Germany, Konrad Adenauer resigns as chairman of the Christian Democratic Party.
- A new, 1-hour German-American production of ''The Nutcracker'', with an international cast that includes Edward Villella in the title role, makes its U.S. TV debut. It is repeated annually by CBS over the next 3 years, but after that, it is virtually forgotten, until it is issued on DVD in 2009 by Warner Archive.
- A military coup occurs in Dahomey.
- A speed limit is imposed on British roads.
- Release of David Lean's film of ''Doctor Zhivago'', starring Omar Sharif and Julie Christie.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 December 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- The McCoys - Fever
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?