Monday 20 December 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Brand New Key by Melanie.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Harry, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1971 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Roger J Beaujard: American musician.
- Roger Beaujard: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Mortician and Malignancy).
- Jerry Ellison: NFL running back (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Roy O Disney: Brother of Walt, dies of cerebral hemorrhage at 78.
- Roy Oliver Disney, co-founder of Walt Disney Company, dies of a massive brain hemorrhage, at age 78.
- Pakistan President Yahya Khan resigns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- David Cassidy - Cherish
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?