Monday 20 December 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage of the Damned, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1976 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Aubrey Huff: American baseball player and radio host.
- Jang Hyuk: South Korean actor.
- Adam Powell: Welsh game designer and businessman co-founded Meteor Games.
- Ramon Stoppelenburg: world traveler and Dutch author.
- Nenad Vučković: Croatian footballer.
- Music Is opens at St. James Theater NYC for 8 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 December 1976 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?