Wednesday 20 December 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Boney M was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1978!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1978 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Tony Moore: American comic book artist.
- Bouabdellah Tahri: French middle-distance and long-distance runner of Algerian descent, who competes internationally for France.
- Andrei Markov: Russian-Canadian ice hockey player.
- Geremi Njitap: Cameroon footballer.
- Harry R Haldeman, President Richard Nixon's White House chief of staff released from jail.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chic - Le Freak
- Bee Gees - Too Much Heaven
- Barbra & Neil - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
- Billy Joel - My Life
- Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)
- Gino Vannelli - I Just Wanna Stop
- Dr. Hook - Sharing The Night Together
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Andy Gibb - (Our Love) Don't Throw It All Away
- Toto - Hold The Line
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?