Thursday 20 December 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Triple by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1979 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Ramon Rodriguez: TV Actor.
- David DeJesus: American baseball player.
- Benedikte Kruse: Norwegian singer and actress (Pitsj).
- George Lamb: English radio and television host.
- Michael Rogers: Australian cyclist.
- Ramón Rodríguez: Puerto Rican-American actor and dancer
- Tamara Grosvenor: British heiress, the eldest child of billionaire, landowner, peer, and businessman, Gerald Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster, the third richest Briton as of 2015.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Styx - Babe
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Commodores - Still
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?