Wednesday 20 December 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
In UK You Got It (The Right Stuff) by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Always, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Daddy by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1989!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1989 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
Famous Birthdays:20 December
- American forces launch Operation Just Cause in an attempt to overthrow Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega. 13,000 U.S. troops are sent to occupy Panama City, along with the 12,000 already there.
- Premier Lubbers sees CDA-party leader Elco Brinkman as successor.
- United States invasion of Panama: The United States sends troops into Panama to overthrow government of Manuel Noriega.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Bon Jovi - Living In Sin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?