Saturday 20 December 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 20 December 2008 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 December
- The Swedish Academy, the body that selects the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, announces that Horace Engdahl will be replaced as its permanent secretary by historian Peter Englund. (AP via Google News)
- Iraq releases 24 security personnel arrested on Thursday on suspicion of aiding terrorism. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Three submarine communications cables break, disrupting Internet and telephone transmissions in the Middle East and Asia. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?