Saturday 20 February 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1943 ?
- Carlos : French singer, entertainer, and actor, Francoise Dolto's son.
- Antonio Inoki [Kanji Rikidozan]: Wrestler (NJPW / JWA).
- Lord McNally: .
- Aleksandr Pavlovich Alexandrov Russian cosmonaut (Soyuz T-9: TM-3).
- Moshe Cotel: American composer and pianist (Born 1943).
- Antonio Inoki: Japanese wrestler mixed martial artist and politician
- Mike Leigh: Dramatist / director (High Hopes, Secrets & Lies)
- Tom McNally: Baron McNally English politician
- Allied troops occupy Kasserine pass in Tunisia.
- Phil Wrigley and B Rickey charter All-American Girls Softball League.
- The Paricutin volcano begins to form in Paricutin, Mexico.
- American movie studio executives agree to allow the Office of War Information to censor movies.
- The Saturday Evening Post publishes the first of Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms in support of United States President Franklin Roosevelt's 1941 State of the Union address theme of Four Freedoms.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?