Saturday 20 February 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antonio Inoki [Kanji Rikidozan] and Lord McNally.
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1943 ?
- Antonio Inoki [Kanji Rikidozan]: Wrestler (NJPW / JWA).
- Lord McNally: .
- Aleksandr Pavlovich Alexandrov Russian cosmonaut (Soyuz T-9: TM-3).
- Carlos : French singer, entertainer, and actor, Francoise Dolto's son.
- Moshe Cotel: American composer and pianist (Born 1943).
- Antonio Inoki: Japanese wrestler mixed martial artist and politician
- Mike Leigh: Dramatist / director (High Hopes, Secrets & Lies)
- Tom McNally: Baron McNally English politician
- Allied troops occupy Kasserine pass in Tunisia.
- Phil Wrigley and B Rickey charter All-American Girls Softball League.
- The Paricutin volcano begins to form in Paricutin, Mexico.
- American movie studio executives agree to allow the Office of War Information to censor movies.
- The Saturday Evening Post publishes the first of Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms in support of United States President Franklin Roosevelt's 1941 State of the Union address theme of Four Freedoms.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 February 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?