Monday 20 February 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Voldstad and Walter Becker in New York City.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Show of Shows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1950 ?
- John Voldstad: Oslo, Norway -- Actor (Darryl-Newhart).
- Walter Becker in New York City: New York, USA; rock bassist (Steely Dan - "Peg").
- Jozef Jordaens: Belgian rower.
- Walter Becker: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Steely Dan).
- Peter Marinello: Scottish footballer.
- Tony Wilson: English journalist and businessman (d. 2007)
- Dylan Thomas arrives in NYC for his 1st US poetry reading tour
- WOL-AM in Washington DC swaps calls with WWDC
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Anton Karas - The Third Man Theme
- My Foolish Heart - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?