Tuesday 20 February 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bonnie Lauer and Edward Albert in Los Angeles.
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Victor Borge Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1951!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1951 ?
- Bonnie Lauer: LPGA golfer.
- Edward Albert in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Jeff - Falcon Crest, Butterflies are Free).
- Kathy Baillie in Morristown: New Jersey, USA; country vocalist (Baillie and the Boys - "Oh Heart").
- Randy California [Wolfe] in Los Angeles: California, USA; guitarist (Spirit - "I Got a Line on You").
- Gordon Brown British Member of Parliament Prime Minister (2007: 2010).
- Edward Albert: American actor, the son of actor Eddie Albert and Margo. Young Edward made his screen debut at age 14 in "Fool Killer." A philosophy major who attended UCLA and graduated from Oxford University he captured movie-goers' attention in 1972 when he played a tormented blind guitarist in "Butterflies are Free." His performance earned him a Golden Globe award. The following year he made "40 Carats." Moving into the TV soap "Falcon Crest" he played a villainous role until his character was killed off. H
- Gordon Brown: Scottish Member of Parliament, Chancellor of the Exchequer for ten years under Tony Blair before becoming British Prime Minister on June 27, 2007. In the mid-1990s, he wanted to be the next Labour Leader but was upstaged in 1997 by his friend and former roommate, Tony Blair. They initially worked well together to define their new Labour party, with Brown writing some of Blair's early campaign speeches and working as the junior partner.
- Randy California: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Spirit) (d. 1997)
- Phil Neal: English footballer and manager
- Howard Brockway: American pianist composer and educator (d. 1951).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 February 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?