Tuesday 20 February 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Schreiber and Joel Ellis.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Walk on the Wild Side, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1962 ?
- Adam Schreiber: NFL center / guard (Atlanta Falcons, New York Giants).
- Joel Ellis: Rocker.
- Ria Coyne: Scranton, Pennsylvania -- Comedienne (Betsy-Batman Forever).
- Ria Coyne in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; comedienne (Betsy - Batman Forever).
- Diane Bergerac: American noted family, her parents are actors Dorothy Malone and Jacques Bergerac.
- Pierre Quinon: French pole vaulter who won the 1984 Olympic Games pole vault gold medal and held the pole vault outdoor world record for just four days in the summer of 1983.
- Kenn Nesbitt: American children's author
- Dwayne McDuffie: American author screenwriter and producer co-founded Milestone Media (d. 2011)
- Halliwell Hobbes: Dies at 64.
- John Glenn is 1st American to orbit Earth (Friendship 7)
- NASA's Friendship 7 space craft is launched, with Colonel John Glenn as first American to orbit Earth. The craft makes three orbits in five hours.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 February 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?