Tuesday 20 February 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Five Million Years to Earth, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1968 ?
- Bennie Goods: Canadian Football League defensive tackle (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Lorraine Olivia: Geneva, Illinois -- Playmate (Nov, 1990).
- Ted Hankey: English darts player.
- Ha Seok-ju: South Korean footballer and manager.
- Anthony Asquith: British director (Carrington V C (Court martial)).
- State troopers used tear gas to stop demonstration at Alcorn A&M
- John Cleese (Monty Python) marries Connie Booth.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Classics IV - Spooky
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?