Saturday 20 February 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Seasons Change by Expose.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1988 ?
- Jiah Khan: American-Indian actress and singer (d. 2013).
- Kealoha Pilares: American football player.
- Tahounia Rubel: Ethiopian-Israeli model.
- Aziz Ridouan: French student, who, with Quentin Renaudo, founded The Association des Audionautes, a French lobby group that supports Internet users sharing files, including copyrighted material, over peer-to-peer networks.
- Rihanna : Barbadian recording artist, actress, and fashion designer.
- Peter Kalikow purchases New York Post from Rupert Murdoch for US$37.6 million.
- Rob Druppers runs world record indoor 1000 metre (2:16.2).
- 500 die in heavy rains in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Stefka Kostadinova high jumps indoor world record (2.06 metres).
- Cornelia Oschkenat hurdles indoor world record 50 metre (6.58 seconds).
- Brian Boitano wins Olympics gold medal in figure skating.
- The Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast votes to secede from Azerbaijan and join Armenia, triggering the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 February 1988 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?