Saturday 20 February 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aziz Ridouan and Rihanna .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Seasons Change by Expose.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amadeus Revenge or Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1988 ?
- Aziz Ridouan: French student, who, with Quentin Renaudo, founded The Association des Audionautes, a French lobby group that supports Internet users sharing files, including copyrighted material, over peer-to-peer networks.
- Rihanna : Barbadian recording artist, actress, and fashion designer.
- Jiah Khan: American-Indian actress and singer (d. 2013).
- Kealoha Pilares: American football player.
- Tahounia Rubel: Ethiopian-Israeli model.
- Peter Kalikow purchases New York Post from Rupert Murdoch for US$37.6 million.
- Rob Druppers runs world record indoor 1000 metre (2:16.2).
- 500 die in heavy rains in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Stefka Kostadinova high jumps indoor world record (2.06 metres).
- Cornelia Oschkenat hurdles indoor world record 50 metre (6.58 seconds).
- Brian Boitano wins Olympics gold medal in figure skating.
- The Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast votes to secede from Azerbaijan and join Armenia, triggering the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 February 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?