Wednesday 20 February 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Appeal by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 20 February 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 February
- Emily Perry: English actress and dancer (d. 2008).
- In Wisconsin and Hawaii, Democratic caucuses Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton for Presidential candidate. John McCain wins Wisconsin on the Republican side.
- A U.S. Navy warship neat Hawaii fires a missile at a defunct spy satellite 153 miles up in the atmosphere, to destroy the fuel tank of hydrazine fuel, to prevent it from being released as a toxic gas if it had fallen to Earth.
- Two United States Air Force F-15 Eagle fighter planes crash in mid-air over the Gulf of Mexico near Florida. (AFP via News Limited)
- The United States Federal Reserve forecasts lower economic growth for the rest of the year with rising unemployment rates. (CNN)
- The Space Shuttle ''Atlantis'' lands at Kennedy Space Center following the conclusion of the STS-122 assembly mission to the International Space Station. (NASA)
- Armenian Prime Minister Serzh Sargsyan is elected as President in a contest hailed as largely democratic by OSCE and international monitors. (BBC News)
- The United States Geological Survey reports the occurrence of a 7.6 magnitude earthquake off the western coast of the Indonesian island of Sumatra. (USGS)
- The United States military imposes a curfew on all personnel on the Japanese island Okinawa following the arrest of a member of the United States Marine Corps on suspicion of rape. (AP via the ''International Herald Tribune'')
- The government of Morocco arrests 23 alleged terrorists, including Mustapha Moatassim, the Secretary General of Alternative Civilization, a political party recognized by the state. (Middle East Online)
- Seven South Korean servicemen die in a military helicopter crash. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 February 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?