Friday 20 February 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hushove.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow or Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars – Director's Cut.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 20 February 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 February
- Larry H Miller: American businessman and owner of the Utah Jazz (Born 1944).
- Swedish carmaker Saab (a unit of American carmaker General Motors) files for protection from creditors while it tries to find a new partner and raise funds.
- Spot gold hits a peak of US$1005.40, its highest since March 18, 2008.
- Two Tamil Tigers aircraft packed with C4 explosives en-route to the national airforce headquarters are shot down by the Sri Lankan military before reaching their target, in a kamikaze style attack.
- The Tamil Tigers aerially attack Colombo, Sri Lanka, killing two people and injuring at least 40 others. (Reuters)
- The United States will return Benyam Mohammed to the United Kingdom after four years of imprisonment at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base's detention camp. (BBC)
- Israel seizes 425 acres of Palestinian Authority state land in the West Bank for a Jewish settlement. (AP via Google News)
- Latvian Prime Minister Ivars Godmanis and his government resign. (Bloomberg)
- Gold futures reclaim the US$1,000-an-ounce mark. (MarketWatch)
- New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo subpoenas Bank of America Chairman and CEO Kenneth Lewis for misleading investors during the purchase of Merrill Lynch. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Israeli President Shimon Peres selects Likud Chairman Benjamin Netanyahu to form the country's next government. (Ynetnews)
- A suicide attack kills 25 people in Dera Ismail Khan, Pakistan. (BBC)
- Forty-seven people are injured when a Northwest Airlines flight from the Philippines to Japan experiences severe turbulence. (BBC)
- India investigates several deaths caused by the hepatitis B virus in the western state of Gujarat. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?