Saturday 20 February 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Le silence de la mer, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 February 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 February
- Alexander Haig: American Soldier & Civil servant, 7th Supreme Allied Commander Europe, 5th White House Chief of Staff and 59th United States Secretary of State (d. 2010).
- Former U.S. secretary of state Alexander Haig dies at age 85 in Baltimore of complications from an infection.
- In Madeira Island, Portugal, heavy rain causes floods and mudslides, resulting in at least 43 deaths, in the worst disaster in the history of the archipelago.
- Olympic luger Nodar Kumaritashvili is buried in Bakuriani, Georgia. (Sina)
- 2010 Nigerien coup d'état:
- The African Union (AU) suspends Niger following this week's coup d'état. (BBC)
- Thousands of people take part in a second day of celebrations in the capital. (BBC)
- President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai, addressing parliament with a photo of an 8-year-old girl who lost 12 relatives to ISAF rocket fire during Operation Moshtarak, urges foreign troops to do more to prevent civilian deaths. (Al Jazeera)
- 30 people are killed in an air strike by the Pakistan Army in South Waziristan. (Al Jazeera)
- The Justice and Equality Movement rebel group in Sudan's Darfur region signs a framework ceasefire agreement with the Sudanese government in N'Djamena. (BBC)
- Russian allies, including Venezuela and Turkey, file a dozen requests for Mi-28N Night Hunter attack helicopters from Russia. (Europe News Agency)
- Floods and mudslides on the island of Madeira leave at least 32 dead and 68 injured. (Al Jazeera)
- The death toll from a minaret collapse in Morocco rises to 41. (Xinhua)
- The Chinese military and several schools deny involvement in cyber attacks on Google, following a ''New York Times'' report cited investigators linking Lanxiang Vocational School and Shanghai Jiaotong University to the attacks. (''China Daily'')
- The Dutch cabinet Balkenende IV collapses after a dispute on extending the mandate of Task Force Uruzgan in Afghanistan. (Al Jazeera)
- Lunar Tet New Year holiday road accidents killed almost 300, injured 400 people in Vietnam. Most of the crashes involved alcohol. (Vietnam News)
- ''Bal'' wins the Golden Bear at the 60th Berlin International Film Festival. (BBC)
- The Canadian three-masted ship SV ''Concordia'' capsizes in a storm off the coast of Brazil. The entire crew, 64 people, are rescued after spending 48 hours on life rafts in rough seas. (''The Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?