Saturday 20 January 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Baker and Donald Fites.
The Lucky Texan, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1934 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Tom Baker: British actor who preceded Peter Davison as TV's "Doctor Who," the longest-running BBC sci-fi series about a renegade who traveled through space and time.
- Donald Fites: American merchandise marketer, civil engineer and CEO of Caterpillar, a construction equipment producer.
- Hennie Aucamp: South African poet author and academic (d. 2014).
- Japan sends Henry Pu Yi as regent to emperor of Manchuria.
- Fujifilm, the photographic and electronics company, is founded in Tokyo, Japan.
- The Japanese company Fuji Photo Film is established.
- The new Constitution of Estonia enters into force.
- Einstein visits the White House.
- The ''Apollo Theater'' opens in Harlem, New York City.
- The 10 year German-Polish Non-Aggression Pact is signed by Germany and the Second Polish Republic.
- The Republic of Austria abolishes the jury trial by decree.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?