Saturday 20 January 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lucky Texan, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1934 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Hennie Aucamp: South African poet author and academic (d. 2014).
- Donald Fites: American merchandise marketer, civil engineer and CEO of Caterpillar, a construction equipment producer.
- Tom Baker: British actor who preceded Peter Davison as TV's "Doctor Who," the longest-running BBC sci-fi series about a renegade who traveled through space and time.
- Japan sends Henry Pu Yi as regent to emperor of Manchuria.
- Fujifilm, the photographic and electronics company, is founded in Tokyo, Japan.
- The Japanese company Fuji Photo Film is established.
- The new Constitution of Estonia enters into force.
- Einstein visits the White House.
- The ''Apollo Theater'' opens in Harlem, New York City.
- The 10 year German-Polish Non-Aggression Pact is signed by Germany and the Second Polish Republic.
- The Republic of Austria abolishes the jury trial by decree.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?