Friday 20 January 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1950 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Daniel Benzali: Brazilian-American actor.
- William Mgimwa: Tanzanian banker and politician 13th Tanzanian Minister of Finance (d. 2014).
- Mahamane Ousmane: Nigerian politician President of Niger.
- Henk Batenburgh: Cabaret performer / singer (Waaldrecht).
- Chuck Lefley: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Edward Hirsch: American poet
- Liza Goddard: British actress known for dramatic roles who began her career in Australia in 1965, working there for four years before returning to England. Goddard has appeared in "The Brothers," "Doctor Who" and recurring roles in the series "Bergerac" as a diamond thief.
- Dance Me a Song opens at Royale Theater NYC for 35 performances
- Suriname becomes independent part in Realm of the Netherlands
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?