Thursday 20 January 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1955 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Joe Doherty: in Ireland; Irish Republican Army activist (jailed in US).
- Wyatt Knight: American actor.
- McKeeva Bush: Caymanian politician Premier of the Cayman Islands.
- Hiromi Ota: Japanese singer.
- 1st atomic sub, USS Nautilus, launched at Groton Conn
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?