Friday 20 January 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Court Jester, directed by Melvin Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1956 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- John McNally Naha in Okinawa: Japan; US rapid fire pistol (Olympics-1984, 1988, 1992, 1996).
- John Phillips Naber in Evanston: Illinois, USA; American 100m/200m backstroke swimmer (Olympics-4 gold/silver-1976).
- Maria Larsson: Swedish educator and politician Swedish Minister of Health and Social Affairs.
- Richard Morecroft: English-Australian journalist and game show host.
- Bill Maher: American entertainer, host of the humorous TV shows "Politically Incorrect" (1997) and “Real Time with Bill Maher” (2003).
- John Naber: American swimmer, an Olympic athlete, a sports broadcaster and author. In the 1976 Olympics he won four gold medals in swimming, setting a new world record with each event. He took home a silver medal as well and won two medals in individual events on the same day. He became a sports broadcaster and motivational speaker.
- Buddy Holly records Blue Days Black Night in Nashville
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?