Friday 20 January 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John McNally Naha in Okinawa and John Phillips Naber in Evanston.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Court Jester, directed by Melvin Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camera Three.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1956 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- John McNally Naha in Okinawa: Japan; US rapid fire pistol (Olympics-1984, 1988, 1992, 1996).
- John Phillips Naber in Evanston: Illinois, USA; American 100m/200m backstroke swimmer (Olympics-4 gold/silver-1976).
- Bill Maher: American entertainer, host of the humorous TV shows "Politically Incorrect" (1997) and “Real Time with Bill Maher” (2003).
- John Naber: American swimmer, an Olympic athlete, a sports broadcaster and author.
- Maria Larsson: Swedish educator and politician Swedish Minister of Health and Social Affairs.
- Richard Morecroft: English-Australian journalist and game show host
- Buddy Holly records Blue Days Black Night in Nashville
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 January 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?