Sunday 20 January 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard C Clements in Cherry Point and Michel Bacquet.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1957 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Leonard C Clements in Cherry Point: North Carolina, USA; PGA golfer (1994 Bob Hope-second).
- Michel Bacquet: French alcoholic, sentenced for indecent exposure, incest and rapes; the last rape occurred 8/19/1986 before he was imprisoned.
- Franck-Yves Escoffier: French sailor, a triple winner of the Transat Jacques Vabre and triple winner of the Route du Rhum multihull 50 feet.
- Andy Sheppard: English saxophonist and composer.
- James Connolly: Scottish socialist revolutionary, a Catholic, author and industrial union organizer.
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Tampa Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?