Monday 20 January 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tia Marie Zorne in Las Vegas and Melissa Rivers in New York City.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ida Rogalski.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1969 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Tia Marie Zorne in Las Vegas: Nevada, USA; Miss America-Nevada (1990).
- Melissa Rivers in New York City: New York, USA; TV hostess (MTV, CBS Morning News).
- Andre Romal Cason in Virginia Beach: Virginia, USA; 100m runner.
- Patrick K Kroupa: American computer hacker.
- Noriko Kinohara: Japanese actress.
- Patrick Kroupa: American computer hacker and activist co-founded MindVox
- Blair Larsen: New Zealand rugby player
- Reno Wilson: American actor and producer
- Nicky Wire: Welsh singer-songwriter and bass player (Manic Street Preachers)
- University of Arizona reports first optical identification of pulsar (in Crab Nebula).
- Richard M Nixon inaugurated as President of the United States.
- Joseph W. Barr ends term as US Treasury Secretary.
- East Pakistani police kill student activist Amanullah Asaduzzaman. The resulting outrage is in part responsible for the Bangladesh Liberation War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?