Tuesday 20 January 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anita St Rose and Terry Kirby NFL running back (Miami Dolphins.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
MASH, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Paris 7000.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1970!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1970 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Anita St Rose: Miss Universe - Great Britain (1996).
- Terry Kirby NFL running back (Miami Dolphins: San Francisco 49ers).
- Rob Gaudreau in Lincoln: Rhode Island, USA; NHL center (Ottawa Senators).
- Marvin Benard in Bluefields: Nicaragua; outfielder (San Francisco Giants).
- Dennis Hulshof: soccer player (Go Ahead Eagles).
- Thomas "Tom" Murray in Buffalo: New York, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Ron Carpenter NFL/WLAF safety (New York Jets: Amsterdam Admirals).
- Skeet Ulrich: American actor
- Mitch Benn: English comedian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Kerri Kenney-Silver: American actress and singer
- Edwin McCain: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Super Fight, computer mock championship between Muhammed Ali and Marciano.
- 20th NBA All-Star Game: East beats West 142-135 at Philadelphia.
- The Greater London Council announces its plans for the Thames Barrier at Woolwich to prevent flooding (the barrier opens in 1981).
- Five lifeboatmen are killed when a Fraserburgh, Scotland vessel, ''The Duchess of Kent'', capsizes.
- Pan American Airways offers the first commercially scheduled 747 service from John F. Kennedy International Airport to London Heathrow Airport.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 January 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Elvis Presley - Don't Cry Daddy
- Tom Jones - Without Love (There Is Nothing)
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?