Saturday 20 January 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1979 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Will Young: English singer-songwriter and actor who shot to fame after winning the 2002 inaugural series of the British music contest Pop Idol, making him the first winner of the worldwide Idol franchise.
- Asaka Kubo: Japanese gravure idol of 20th Century.
- Shang Yi: Chinese footballer.
- Yseult Gervy: Dutch pro swimmer who placed 25th in the Atlanta Olympics in the 100m backstroke.
- Rob Bourdon: Drummer.
- Jérôme Thomas: French boxer, competing in the flyweight (–51 kg) division.
- Gustav Winckler: Danish singer-songwriter (d. 1979).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?