Thursday 20 July 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1911 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Baqa Jilani: Indian cricketer (d. 1941).
- José Zabala-Santos: Filipino author and illustrator (d. 1985).
- William Dillard: Trumpeter / singer.
- Mireille Balin: Monaco-born film actress and fashion model, she was an internationally popular star of French films in the 1930s; she retired in the mid-1940s.
- Generals Henry Wilson / Auguste Dubail sign plan for British Expeditionary army in case of war with Germany
- Boston Red Sox Smokey Joe Wood no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 5-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sharpshooters' March - Guido Deiro
- That's Why I Never Married - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?