Saturday 20 July 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1912!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1912 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- George Johnston: Australian journalist and novelist (Born 1912).
- Lucette Destouches: French centenarian, formerly dancer, she was the last wife of physician and writer Céline (married in 1943).
- Andrew Long: Scottish author (Blue Book of Fairy Tales).
- Frederick Ferrari: Crazy Gang Member.
- John Dacie: Hematologist.
- Thijmen Kuijt: Resistance fighter / co-found newspaper (The Typhoon)
- Phillies Sherry Magee steals home twice in 1 game
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1912 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Please Don't Take My Lovin' Man Away - Elsie Baker
- The Lost Chord - Enrico Caruso
- Whispering Hope - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
- Al Jolson - Snap Your Fingers
- The Last Shot Got Him (The Great Bloo-ie Song) - Eddie Morton
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?