Friday 20 July 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1923 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Stanisław Albinowski: Polish economist and journalist (d. 2005).
- Stanis?aw Albinowski: Polish economist and journalist (d. 2005).
- Marcelle Derrien: French actress, the highlight of whose short film career was "Le silence est d'or" (Silence Is Golden, 1947) directed by René Clair.
- Pancho Villa [Doroteo Arango]: Mexican rebel, murdered at 55.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Wildflower - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Trot Along - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?