Friday 20 July 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1923 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Stanis?aw Albinowski: Polish economist and journalist (d. 2005).
- Marcelle Derrien: French actress, the highlight of whose short film career was "Le silence est d'or" (Silence Is Golden, 1947) directed by René Clair.
- Stanisław Albinowski: Polish economist and journalist (d. 2005).
- Pancho Villa [Doroteo Arango]: Mexican rebel, murdered at 55.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Trot Along - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Wildflower - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?