Wednesday 20 July 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nam June Paik and Ove Verner Hansen.
Jewel Robbery, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1932 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Nam June Paik: Seoul, South Korea -- Video artist (Medium is the Medium).
- Ove Verner Hansen: Danish actor.
- Patricia Murray: British-American nutritionist, macrobiotic counselor and healer.
- Dick Giordano: American illustrator (d. 2010).
- Ove Hansen: Danish actor and singer.
- Nam Paik: South Korean-American director and educator (d. 2006)
- Otto Schily: German lawyer and politician German Minister of the Interior
- Rene Bazin: French novelist (Born 1853).
- Crowds in the capitals of Bolivia and Paraguay demand their governments declare war on the other after fighting on their border.
- In Washington, D.C., police fire tear gas on World War I veterans part of the Bonus Expeditionary Force who attempt to march to the White House.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?