Thursday 20 July 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1933!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1933 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Aliki Vouyouklaki: Actress (Madalena).
- Jose Vicente Asuar: Composer.
- Buddy Knox: American singer and songwriter who enjoyed a long career in music.
- Cormac McCarthy: American author playwright and screenwriter.
- Rex Williams: English snooker player.
- Vatican state secretary Pacelli (Pius XII) signs accord with Hitler
- Germany: Two-hundred Jewish merchants are arrested in Nuremberg and paraded through the streets.
- In London, 500,000 march against anti-Semitism.
- Vice-Chancellor of Germany Franz von Papen and Vatican Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli sign a concordat on behalf of their respective nations.
- Wiley Post becomes the first person to fly solo around the world, traveling in 7 days 18 hours 45 minutes.
- ampquotMachine-Gunampquot Kelly and Albert Bates kidnap Charles Urschel, an Oklahoma oilman, and demand $200,000 ransom.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?