Friday 20 July 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Of Human Bondage, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1934!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1934 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Uwe Johnson: German author and scholar (d. 1984).
- Doug Padgett: English cricketer and manager.
- Aliki Vougiouklaki: Greek actress and singer (d. 1996).
- Petrus Damen: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Ralph C RInzler: Folklorist (Greenbriar Boys).
- 118 degrees F (48 degrees C), Keokuk, Iowa (state record).
- 1934 West Coast waterfront strike: In Seattle, police fire tear gas on and club 2,000 striking longshoremen. The governor of Oregon calls out the National Guard to break a strike on the Portland docks.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?