Monday 20 July 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Satan Met a Lady, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1936 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Alistair MacLeod: Canadian author and academic (d. 2014).
- Barbara A Mikulski: (Rep-D-Maryland, 1977-86 / Sen-D-MD, 1986- ).
- Butch Baird: Chicago, Illinois -- PGA golfer (1961 Waco Turner Open).
- Kaleria Fadicheva: Ballerina.
- Barbara Mikulski: American politician, one of 13 women in the U.S.
- The Montreux Convention is signed in Switzerland, authorizing Turkey to fortify the Dardanelles and Bosphorus but guaranteeing free passage to ships of all nations in peacetime.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?