Monday 20 July 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara A Mikulski and Butch Baird.
Satan Met a Lady, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1936 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Barbara A Mikulski: (Rep-D-Maryland, 1977-86 / Sen-D-MD, 1986- ).
- Butch Baird: Chicago, Illinois -- PGA golfer (1961 Waco Turner Open).
- Kaleria Fadicheva: Ballerina.
- Barbara Mikulski: American politician, one of 13 women in the U.S.
- Alistair MacLeod: Canadian author and academic (d. 2014).
- The Montreux Convention is signed in Switzerland, authorizing Turkey to fortify the Dardanelles and Bosphorus but guaranteeing free passage to ships of all nations in peacetime.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?