Saturday 20 July 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
They Drive by Night, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1940 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Gérard Guégan: French writer, book reviewer, editor, translator, journalist and film critic who writes under various pseudonyms including Stéphane Vincentanne, Yves Le Braz, Yann Cloarec, Freddie Lafargue, and Philippe Carella.
- Tony Oliva baseball player: batting champion (American League Rookie of Year 1964).
- Y G Van de Peat: Dutch Director of Employment, commits suicide.
- Germany occupiers forbid Dutch Communist Party (CPN) in the Netherlands
- Nazi collaborator Rost of Tonningen appointed Director of Marxist
- Denmark leaves the League of Nations.
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Hatch Act of 1939, limiting political activity by Federal government employees.
- California opens its first freeway, the Arroyo Seco Parkway.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?