Friday 20 July 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Burfeindt and Larry E Craig.
Christmas in Connecticut, directed by Peter Godfrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1945 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Betty Burfeindt: LPGA golfer.
- Larry E Craig: (Rep-R-Idaho, 1981- ).
- Viscount Petersham: English large landowner.
- Harrison Ellenshaw: American matte painter.
- Kim Carnes: American singer, gravel-voiced, best known for the 1981 pop classic "Bette Davis Eyes," which won a Grammy; an outstanding songwriter in rock, pop and country.
- Jean Kalman: French lighting designer, who since 1979 has worked in theatres and opera houses worldwide with directors such as Pierre Audi, Peter Brook and Robert Carsen.
- Jacob Scott: Greenwood sports Champions
- Larry Craig: American soldier and politician
- Thomas Hageboeck: American actor (d. 1996)
- John Lodge: English singer-songwriter bass player and producer (The Moody Blues)
- Johnny Loughrey: Irish singer-songwriter (d. 2005)
- Bo Rein: American football player and coach (d. 1980)
- Paul Valery: French author and poet (Born 1871).
- The US Congress approves the Bretton Woods Agreement.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - A Kiss Goodnight
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
- Johnny Mercer - On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?