Friday 20 July 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Christmas in Connecticut, directed by Peter Godfrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1945 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Kim Carnes: American singer, gravel-voiced, best known for the 1981 pop classic "Bette Davis Eyes," which won a Grammy; an outstanding songwriter in rock, pop and country.
- Jean Kalman: French lighting designer, who since 1979 has worked in theatres and opera houses worldwide with directors such as Pierre Audi, Peter Brook and Robert Carsen.
- Larry Craig: American soldier and politician.
- Thomas Hageboeck: American actor (d. 1996).
- John Lodge: English singer-songwriter bass player and producer (The Moody Blues).
- Johnny Loughrey: Irish singer-songwriter (d. 2005)
- Bo Rein: American football player and coach (d. 1980)
- Harrison Ellenshaw: American matte painter
- Jacob Scott: Greenwood sports Champions
- Betty Burfeindt: LPGA golfer
- Larry E Craig: (Rep-R-Idaho, 1981- )
- Viscount Petersham: English large landowner
- Paul Valery: French author and poet (Born 1871).
- The US Congress approves the Bretton Woods Agreement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- A Kiss Goodnight - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
- Johnny Mercer - On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?