Thursday 20 July 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1950 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Tantoo Cardinal: Canadian actress.
- Edward Leigh: English lawyer and politician.
- Naseeruddin Shah: Indian actor and director.
- Dannion Brinkley: American author and a prime example of the near-death-experience, a superstar on the lecture circuit of occult devotees and the author of three books about his NDEs, selling some four million copies.
- Arthur Murray Party premieres on ABC TV (later DuMont, CBS, NBC)
- Cold War: In Philadelphia, Harry Gold pleads guilty to spying for the Soviet Union by passing secrets from atomic scientist Klaus Fuchs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?