Friday 20 July 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Alice in Wonderland, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1951 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Larry Black: Miami, Florida -- 4x100 runner (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jeff Rawle: English actor and screenwriter.
- Phyllis Smith: American actress and dancer.
- Mustafa Shuqri Ashu: Tailor / murderer of King Abdullah, shot to death.
- King Abdullah I of Jordan is assassinated by a Palestinian while attending Friday prayers in Jerusalem.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Because of You - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?