Sunday 20 July 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
High Noon, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1952 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Bob Travaglini: American politician and graduate from Boston State College in 1974, Travaglini served as a Boston City Councilor from 1984-1993, when he was elected to the State Senate.
- Ken Littleton: American homicide suspect, investigated after the murder of 15-year-old Martha Moxley on 10/30/1985.
- Keiko Matsuzaka: Japanese actress.
- Emile Zatopek runs Olympic Record 10K (29:17.0)
- Fausto Coppi wins Tour de France
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?