Tuesday 20 July 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Jay French in New York City and Dominique Samiel.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1954 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Jay Jay French in New York City: New York, USA; guitarist (Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It").
- Dominique Samiel: French homicide; killed his mistress with a rifle at Douai on 10/14/1983.
- Moira Harris: American actress.
- Jay French: American guitarist and producer (Twisted Sister).
- Larry Levan: American DJ and producer (d. 1992).
- Blair Moody: American politician (Senator-Michigan), dies at age 52.
- Armistice for Indo-China signed, Vietnam separates into North and South
- West German secret service head Otto John defects to German DR
- At Geneva, Switzerland, an armistice is signed that ends fighting in Vietnam and divides the country along the 17th parallel.
- Germany: Otto John, head of West Germany's secret service, defects to East Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?